Monday, January 16, 2012

Called: To summon by divine command


Have you ever been CALLED? I don’t mean called on your cell phone by your best friend. I don’t mean called names because of the outlandish things you said or did. I don’t mean called out because you messed up. I mean CALLED, summoned, commanded, hailed by our Maker, Creator, Father…our God.

In the past few months I’ve felt CALLED to share my Christian journey with others. For a Type A, control freak like me, it’s a scary and unknown world. The last time, and to be fair, only time, I published anything (other than a school newsletter) was when I was in Mrs. Fawcett’s 5th grade class. It was a story titled “Awg and the Bluebellies.” Trust me when I say it didn’t come close to winning any literary awards! So the concept of writing anything is overwhelming and humbling.

I don’t understand God’s purpose in calling me to do this. I’ve never been comfortable sharing my faith with others. In fact praying in front of a group is something that I’ve only started to become more at ease with. For me, my faith has always been a quiet, personal thing, that at times has been very strong and at other times wavered. Being CALLED to share my walk with God is a feeling similar to being blindfolded and lead around an unfamiliar room by someone. You put your faith and trust in that person to keep you safe, while on the inside you’re scared about what you might run into.

Even with these feelings, somehow I still feel CALLED to write down my story, and I’m working on trusting God to keep me from bumping my shins. Let the journey begin…

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been CALLED according to his purpose.”~ Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment